Thursday, July 19, 2007

Redneck wallpaper


Yes, for a period of time I had this picture as my PC wallpaper. At the office. Lots of raised eyebrows later, I replaced it with the standard Microsoft grassy-hill-blue-sky thing (not much of a conversation starter, that, but certainly more palatable to VP-types who did not, in fact, spend most of their previous lives in the WC).

Beyond the obvious, what I find funny about this picture is the contrast between the white-trash-y aspects of the photo and the fact that two of the subjects are wearing these nicely pleated khaki shorts, shirts tucked in, with nice silver-buckled belts... as if they were off on some accounting firm's golf retreat weekend. Rather than out in a pasture blowing shit up with firearms of questionable legality.

2 comments:

Harry said...

I think the best part of this picture is all of the evil-ass smiles and smirks you are all sporting. No, I don't want to know what was so funny.

I'm scared now and I want my momma.

Gleemonex said...

All I'm sayin is, I'm not going to be the cameraman on this one.