Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Infinite un-Jest


I highly recommend this book. It's a book that David Foster Wallace might have written had he not been an insane person. It's been a while since I read Anna Karenina, but aside from the modernist style (or is it post-modern), that's what it reminded me of. Or maybe War and Peace with 400 less pages, if the 400 pages you cut were the ones dealing with peasants and Napoleon.

Wikipedia tells me that the author publicly snubbed Oprah, causing her to disinvite him from her show and remove the book from her book club reading list (a circumstance that, I'm sure, delighted his publisher). If nothing else, that' s a good enough reason to buy the guy's book in my estimation.

YMMV.

4 comments:

Gleemonex said...

That's funny! When I read this book, I thought, huh -- it's like DFW lite. So, pretty good, worth a read, but not Genius.

Gleemonex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

30876.....11157