Friday, March 9, 2007

Shocker


Boy, I let out a huge yelp of disbelief when I saw this headline: "FBI abused power to get private records: report".

I'm being facetious, obviously, but it actually is really surprising that the headlined "report" wasn't done by the hysterical, America-hating hippie lawyers at the ACLU, or the terrorism-loving liberal whiners at Human Rights Watch, but was promulgated by the Justice Department's own inspector general. Clearly the I.G.'s office did not clear this with our esteemed and brilliantly exalted Attorney General. Maybe some of the checks and balances in this government still work?

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

We can always hope, HHL. Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step ...

Harry said...

Headline, you say? I guess Anna Nicole really is buried after all.