Thursday, March 1, 2007

The following takes place between....


...two points in your life where you are actually doing something productive or worthwhile.

Light posting on this blog lately.

I blame it on a lethal combination of too much work and an insidious bout of addiction with audiovisual crack, otherwise known as "24".

I recently made the mistake of Blockbuster-Total-Accessing the first disc of Season Three. Which, of course, meant that I was forced to access discs two, three, four, five, and six in rapid succession. So rapid, in fact, that my BBTA account could not keep up with my 24 abuse.

What I mean is, you know how they mail the discs to you, and when you finish watching them, you can take them to an Actual Blockbuster Retail Outlet and trade them in, right then, for a free disc rental? But then they also immediately credit the disc as being mailed back and mail you the next disc in your queue right away without waiting to receive it from you in the mail? Well, that's how it works, and but despite this addict-friendly, state-of-the-art 24 delivery mechanism, I ended up Actually Renting 3 of the discs (i.e., actually paying to rent the damn things, which amounts to about $15, or an entire month's worth of BBTA fees) because I watched them so fast.

But the upshot is: boy, that Jack Bauer sure is one bad-ass mofo. ** Spoiler Alert ** In the episode where Jack tells Ryan Chappelle to get on his knees, because he, Jack Bauer, needs to kill him to stave off certain planetary destruction for yet another hour, and Ryan Chappelle goes into his "Ok, Jack, you're sure this is the only way out of this... there aren't any other options, right?" speech, I actually expected him to say "Jack, just use your superpowers! It's ok, I won't tell!"

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Started watching in Season One, Episode One, and have never missed one yet ... holy SCHNIKES is this thing addictive. Welcome to my world.