Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thanks, George W.


Ok, so I voted. For the first time in more years than I care to mention. For that, I have George W. Bush to thank. He really knows how to bring out the sense of civic responsibility in people.

As long as things are trucking along reasonably well, or even somewhat poorly, I'm content to sit at home and let the chips fall where they may. And while it disappoints and infuriates me that there is no viable candidate for the presidency (or for any other office) that has been willing to fully repudiate all of the worst abuses of our nation's government, this administration's disastrous and near-catastrophic reign has spurred me to at least assume my small role in determining what happens next. Not by coincidence, record-high turnouts are expected today, here in Texas. In fact, it is just barely possible that GWBush has sufficiently angered the populace to the point where Texas will not, come November, be a reliable Republican stronghold. Still unlikely, but we can hope for the best.

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Nice pic -- looks like he's trying to poop.

Good on ya for fulfilling your civic duty! Vote or die.

Kingfish said...

Good friend of mine is a Dem precint chair. I went to the caucus. I was caucusing for Tsongas I told everyone...some did not appreciate the sarcasm. I could not participate as I am still registered in Tarrant County (fixed that too late.) Anyway, the Obama chicks are uber-hawt. The Clinton peeps are uber-old yellow dogs. Clinton won 44-42. The caucus process was very interesting. Going to do that again, even though the government is broken.